Arkansas Product Liability Lawyer
What to Do If You Are Injured by a Defective Product
Product manufacturers, designers, distributors, and sellers have a responsibility to ensure that products are properly designed, produced, and distributed to consumers. Unfortunately, faulty, dangerous, and defective products make it onto the market and into the hands of the public all the time. When this happens, innocent people can be severely hurt or even killed.
If you were injured or if someone you love died due to a defective product, you could be entitled to take legal action. At Caddell Reynolds Law Firm, we proudly represent clients throughout Arkansas in complex product liability cases against major manufacturers, corporations, and insurance companies. We are fully prepared to take on any adversary in our pursuit of the justice and fair compensation you deserve.
Give us a call at (800) 889-6944 or contact us online to learn how our Arkansas product liability lawyers can assist you with your defective product case.
What Makes a Product Defective?
Generally speaking, a product is considered defective when it poses an unreasonable risk of harm due to a flaw in its initial design, manufacturing, or labeling/marketing.
While a product can be defective in many ways, there are three defect classifications:
- Design Defects: When a product has a defective design, it is unreasonably unsafe for normal, typical use. Essentially, when the risks associated with the product outweigh its benefits or when it fails to work as intended, the product likely has a design defect.
- Manufacturing Defects: When a flaw or defect is introduced during the production phase, the product has a manufacturing defect. Contamination, missing parts, and improperly put together products are all examples of manufacturing defects.
- Labeling/Marketing Defects: When a product is missing important safety warnings or instructions, or when a product is marketed for non-approved uses, it may have a labeling or marketing defect.
At Caddell Reynolds Law Firm, we conduct thorough investigations and work alongside a team of experts to determine what type of defect a product had and how this contributed to or caused our clients’ injuries. From there, we are able to establish liability and build sound cases aimed at maximizing our clients’ recoveries.
Examples of Common Product Defects
While any product can be defective—and, therefore, pose a risk to users—some products tend to be defective more often than others. These products are often the subject of small- and large-scale recalls, but the absence of a recall does not mean that a product is not defective.
Examples of consumer products that commonly have defects include:
- Motor Vehicles: Examples include SUVs and pickup trucks that roll over easily, passenger vehicles with improper fuel tank placement, and more
- Auto Parts: Including defective automobile tires, brakes, accelerators, engine systems, and safety features, such as seatbelts and airbags
- Drugs and Medical Devices: Examples of common defective drugs and medical devices include Zantac, Invokana, SSRIs, hernia mesh, IUDs, and hip and knee implants
- Children’s Products: Including toys, blankets, cribs, car seats, strollers, and other infant and child products
- Household Appliances and Items: Such as electric washing machines and dryers, dishwashers, water heaters, and household electronics
- Tools and Equipment: Including consumer and industrial tools and equipment, such as power tools, heavy machinery, and construction site structures and vehicles
These and other defective products can lead to accidents that result in catastrophic injuries or deaths. When this happens, victims and/or their loved ones have the right to hold manufacturers, distributors, and other related entities accountable.
Filing a Product Liability Claim
Filing a product liability claim is often a complex and challenging process. Not only do you have to go up against a large product manufacturer or distributor and their defense team, but you also have the burden of proof, meaning you are the one required to prove that the product was defective and that this is what led to your injuries and damages.
There are several legal theories under which you may bring a product liability case. These include strict liability, negligence, and breach of warranty. At Caddell Reynolds Law Firm, our Arkansas product liability lawyers can help you navigate this process and understand your rights. We work directly with our clients to protect their best interests and fight for the best possible outcome via personalized legal strategies, whether that’s filing an individual defective product claim, taking part in a class action lawsuit, negotiating with the liable party, or taking the case to court.
With over a century of combined legal experience, our attorneys are well-versed in the many nuances involved in defective product claims. We understand the challenges you are up against, and we are ready to fight for you.
Contact Us Today for a Free Consultation
If you suspect that you or your loved one was injured due to a defective product, do not hesitate to reach out to Caddell Reynolds Law Firm to discuss your options during a complimentary case evaluation. In nearly all cases, you only have three years from the date of injury (or the date on which you reasonably should have become aware of the injury) to file your product liability claim. The sooner you act, the sooner our legal team can begin investigating your claim and building your case.
For compassionate, trusted legal representation, contact us online or call (800) 889-6944 today. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Class Action $21,700,000
Tractor Trailer Wreck $9,500,000
Auto Accident $4,500,000
Tractor Trailer Accident $2,000,000
Defective Product Design $2,000,000
Tractor Trailer Wreck $1,800,000
Tractor Trailer Wreck $1,500,000
Motorcycle Wreck $1,250,000
“Very professional and they treat you like a person and not just a number! I really appreciate both the Fort Smith and Little Rock offices for everything they did for our case.”- Rosemary Stallings
“Look no further. The most professional, prompt, personal, and protective lawyers you’ll ever have the pleasure of representing you.”- Thomas Hollenbeck
“My daughter and I had Kirby as our attorney. He did all the right stuff for us to get everything done right this time. I am forever grateful!”- Jennifer Harris
Available for Home & Hospital Visits if You Cannot Travel
Committed to Maximizing the Recovery You Deserve
Clear & Consistent Communication Throughout the Process
Hundreds of Millions of Dollars Recovered for Our Clients
Available to Answer Your Calls & Emails 24/7
Over 100 Years of Combined Legal Experience