Arkansas Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Serving Clients in Rogers, Ft. Smith, Jonesboro, Fayetteville & Surrounding Areas
Recent studies show that medical mistakes are the primary cause of death in the U.S., surpassed by cancer and cardiovascular disease. Thousands of mistakes occur each year in hospitals, doctors’ offices, urgent care centers, emergency rooms, and in pharmacies.
When a medical mistake happens because the expected “standard of care” was not provided, you may have a claim for medical malpractice. These are complicated cases to prove and require a highly experienced lawyer to help.
What is Medical Malpractice?
Medical Malpractice occurs when a doctor, hospital or healthcare worker through omission or negligent causes harm to a patient.
If you think you or a loved one was harmed or died as a result of a medical mistake call the experienced Arkansas medical malpractice lawyers at Caddell Reynolds Law Firm for help at (800) 889-6944.
What Constitutes Medical Malpractice?
Most physicians, surgeons, and hospitals provide excellent care to patients, but there are times when they do not and patients suffer. Sometimes, a medical professional does not make a good decision regarding treatment, or they make a mistake performing a simple procedure.
Our firm handles a range of medical malpractice claims, including:
- Negligent administration of drugs – Giving patients the wrong drug, giving patients drugs that negatively interact, administering wrong dosages, or giving medications to patients who are allergic to them.
- Anesthesia errors –Neglecting to make adjustments when monitoring abnormal vital signs, neglecting to intubate patients properly, or administering local/general anesthesia too late to adequately anesthetize patients.
- Emergency room errors –Failing to recognize signs of heart attack, stroke, or other serious conditions and initiating appropriate treatment, misreading x-rays, test results or charts, or delaying diagnoses or misdiagnosing conditions such as strokes, blood clots, or appendicitis.
- Hospital errors –Hospitals failing to check if employees are properly licensed to perform specific functions, neglecting patients, failing to complete diagnostic tests as ordered by attending physicians, or ignoring patients to the point their condition destabilizes.
A medical malpractice case must show that someone was physically or psychologically harmed by the negligence of a healthcare professional. A person does not have to die to bring a medical malpractice lawsuit to court.
Holding Negligent Healthcare Professionals Accountable
Caddell Reynolds Law Firm routinely stands up for our clients in front of big companies, including major hospital systems and their insurance companies. These claims can be complex, not only because you are dealing with these large companies, but because you must do so while you are injured. Our Arkansas medical malpractice lawyers work diligently to seek the full and fair compensation you need.
Arkansas Medical Malpractice Laws
The Standard Deadline in Arkansas is 2 years after the incident, unless
you fall into one of these exceptions
- The Discovery Rule: Means that the victim could have known that they had a medical malpractice case. In Arkansas this applies to cases involving a foreign object that was left in the patient's body.
Statute of Limitations for Minors
- This applies to children under the age of 9. The child will have until their 11th birthday or two years from the day of the alleged malpractice
Call us today at (800) 889-6944 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation.
Class Action $21,700,000
Tractor Trailer Wreck $9,500,000
Auto Accident $4,500,000
Tractor Trailer Accident $2,000,000
Defective Product Design $2,000,000
Tractor Trailer Wreck $1,800,000
Tractor Trailer Wreck $1,500,000
Motorcycle Wreck $1,250,000
“Abbie Jackson is my attorney and she has stuck with me and helped through the entire process.”- Charles Long
“Very responsive to emails phone calls whatever it may be he was right on it without delay. Very precise in filing and pursuing my needs as an attorney.”- Randy Cox
Available for Home & Hospital Visits if You Cannot Travel
Committed to Maximizing the Recovery You Deserve
Clear & Consistent Communication Throughout the Process
Hundreds of Millions of Dollars Recovered for Our Clients
Available to Answer Your Calls & Emails 24/7
Over 100 Years of Combined Legal Experience