Jonesboro Car Accident Attorneys
Assisting the Injured in Jonesboro, AR
With miles of freeways, highways, and smaller roads, car accidents are not only possible, but common in Arkansas and across the nation. These accidents are not only stressful, but the resulting injury or wrongful death can have long-term effects on your and your family. Caddell Reynolds Law Firm represents car accident cases with the goal of seeking full and fair compensation based on the damages you have incurred.
While this financial help won’t heal your injuries or bring your loved one back, it can pay for:
- Your medical and rehabilitative costs
- Wages lost when you had to take time off to recover
- The cost to repair damage to your property
- The cost of future medical care, prescriptions, and medical devices
- Your pain and suffering
What to Do After a Car Accident
The actions you take in the minutes after a car accident matter. For many claimants, those minutes are crucial for gathering the evidence that will later act as the foundation of their claims.
Let our attorneys know if you did any of these steps after your car accident:
- Called 911: The emergency responders who show up at the scene of your crash should all create reports of what they witnessed. Our attorneys can get copies of those reports later to back up your claims. Police reports, in particular, are useful and highly regarded among insurance adjusters and defense attorneys.
- Wrote down contact information: You need to know who it was who hit you if you want to sue them for damages. Give us any contact and insurance information you collected, and we can start reaching out to the correct parties to get your claim moving.
- Took pictures: Photographic evidence is difficult to refute. Thankfully, every smartphone has a camera – or three – installed in it. If you took pictures of the vehicles, injuries, traffic conditions, etc., then we would like to review those files to get a clearer understanding of how the crash happened and why.
- Visited a doctor: Lastly, please see a medical professional if you have not already. Ideally, you will have visited a doctor the same day as your crash, assuming you were not escorted to the hospital in an ambulance.
Fatal Car Accidents: How to Seek Justice for Your Loved One
If your loved one was killed in a car accident, you may have rights to sue in Arkansas through what is called a wrongful death lawsuit. Wrongful death lawsuits seek to establish liability and damages with the party responsible for the death. If a person dies due to the preventable actions or negligence of another person—such as the reckless driving that causes fatal car accidents—the family members can sue for wrongful death. Unlike criminal trials (through which the state of Arkansas may try the responsible party for involuntary or voluntary manslaughter), those who are not convicted may still be found guilty in a wrongful death lawsuit.
Seeking Damages and Finding Justice
Your first step in looking for retribution is to contact a Jonesboro wrongful death attorney with experience supporting families after deadly motor vehicle accidents. Your lawyer can help you determine whether the death of your loved one was due to criminal action, intent, or negligence. One of these three reasons need to be valid in order to seek damages (or monetary awards). You must also demonstrate you are suffering monetarily due to your loved one’s death to support the damages you seek.
While the result of any lawsuit cannot compensate for the loss you have suffered, it does allow you and your family to seek justice in a public court of law. There are three types of damages commonly awarded in a wrongful death lawsuit: economic, non-economic, and punitive.
- Economic damages: The first notion a wrongful death attorney will examine is the financial contribution the victim could have made if he or she were still alive. You may be able to receive financial compensation for loss of earnings, funeral expenses, medical expenses related to the accident, loss of inheritance, loss of insurance benefits, and even loss of services and goods provided by the victim. These economic damages are much more tangible and easy to understand than the other types of damages.
- Non-economic damages: Non-economic damages include things such as pain and suffering, loss of consortium, loss of companionship and love, loss of protection, care, and guidance, and other less tangible contributions. These damages can be taken into account by a judge or jury in your wrongful death lawsuit.
- Punitive damages: Punitive damages are not always available, but they are generally awarded if the defendant’s actions were truly reckless. Punitive damages are awarded to rebuke the person or company who caused the death, whether through willing actions or negligence. Depending on the details of the fatal car accident, your attorney will consult you on whether punitive damages are an option in your case.
If you do win a wrongful death lawsuit, sometimes the court will allow you to obtain interest on the money due to you from the time of the death until the time of collection. In some cases, you may also be able to get your attorneys’ fees paid in the judge’s final ruling.
Why You Should Hire Caddell Reynolds Law Firm
Dealing with an insurance company is never fun. Add interactions with an insurer onto the stresses you are already feeling due to a car accident, and you have a recipe for serious frustrations. By hiring us to manage your case, you give yourself the opportunity to rest and relax as best you can because our highly experienced legal professionals will be on the case. We can manage all aspects of your claim or lawsuit, so you don’t have to worry about a thing. Plus, we offer FREE consultations, so you can find out more about your legal options without even paying a penny!
If you need legal guidance now, contact Caddell Reynolds Law Firm at (800) 889-6944. We can help you determine if filing a wrongful death lawsuit is right choice for you and your family.
Class Action $21,700,000
Tractor Trailer Wreck $9,500,000
Auto Accident $4,500,000
Tractor Trailer Accident $2,000,000
Defective Product Design $2,000,000
Tractor Trailer Wreck $1,800,000
Tractor Trailer Wreck $1,500,000
Motorcycle Wreck $1,250,000
“Abbie Jackson is my attorney and she has stuck with me and helped through the entire process.”- Charles Long
“Very responsive to emails phone calls whatever it may be he was right on it without delay. Very precise in filing and pursuing my needs as an attorney.”- Randy Cox
Available for Home & Hospital Visits if You Cannot Travel
Committed to Maximizing the Recovery You Deserve
Clear & Consistent Communication Throughout the Process
Hundreds of Millions of Dollars Recovered for Our Clients
Available to Answer Your Calls & Emails 24/7
Over 100 Years of Combined Legal Experience