JONESBORO TRUCK ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS
Legal Help after an Accident in Jonesboro, Arkansas
Major tractor trailer, semi-truck, 18-wheeler, and other large commercial vehicle accidents occur every day across the country. With so many of these trucks on the roads, drivers may be pushed to maintain strict timelines, driving long hours without rest. This alone can cause undue stress on truck drivers, which can lead to serious accidents. In addition to fatigue and distraction, road conditions, poorly maintained vehicles, and a host of other conditions can lead to serious injury or even death of other drivers on the road.
CONTACT CADDELL REYNOLDS LAW FIRM TO SCHEDULE A FREE CONSULTATION IF YOU OR A LOVED ONE HAS BEEN HARMED. WE WILL FIGHT FOR THE COMPENSATION YOU NEED TO RECOVER.
What Can Cause a Truck Accident?
Our Jonesboro truck accident lawyers understand that in an accident claim, the truck driver may share liability with other parties, including:
- Trucking companies – Drivers must follow the rules and regulations set forth by their employers. Companies may require them to drive too long without rest, put inexperienced drivers on long hauls before they are ready to handle them, or even put trucks on the road with an imbalanced load or without proper maintenance.
- Maintenance personnel – Improper inspections or rushed maintenance can cause serious problems, particularly when brakes or tires are involved. Whether the maintenance personnel works for the company or maintenance is performed by an outside shop, a truck accident attorney needs to know the facts to ensure everyone responsible for an accident is named in a suit.
- State, local, and federal government – The true cause of a big vehicle accident may be an encounter with a sinkhole or other major road flaw that is the responsibility of local, state or even federal government. The lawyers at our firm the skills and experience to pursue even these difficult cases.
Beyond the Police Report: What Your Lawyer Does after a Trucking Accident
What to do if you are in a truck accident?
If you have been involved in a truck wreck, the paperwork does not stop with a police report. You may need the services of an attorney who can do the investigative research needed to ensure you receive adequate and just compensation for the accident. When you hire an attorney, they build a case on your behalf while the trucking company’s attorneys work to find evidence against it. With the right lawyer on your side, you have a better chance at receiving the financial help you deserve.
Truck Accident Investigation and Reconstruction
After the truck accident, your attorney will begin the process of determining exactly what happened and why. A truck accident lawyer who is experienced in this field knows the many laws and regulations that truck drivers are required to follow. If the truck driver who caused your accident and injuries was not following those laws, there may be significant penalties for that driver.
Even when tractor-trailer drivers follow all laws, there are still risks just from the sheer size and weight of these vehicles. Your lawyer will perform research on the driver, truck, and company in order to determine if there were problems or discrepancies that could have contributed to your accident. They can also go beyond police reports and doctor’s notes to reconstruct the accident. They will study the scene itself, weather conditions, witnesses, and more to fill in missing details.
Some of the information your attorney will collect includes:
- Whether the driver had a valid commercial driver’s license
- If the truck driver had past tickets or accidents
- Whether the vehicle was over the weight or size limit
- If there was any hazardous waste, and if proper regulations for it were followed
- If the weather conditions had an impact on the truck driver’s capabilities
- Whether witnesses saw anything not reported to the police
- What activity the driver’s cellular phone records shows
The more information your lawyer collects, the easier it will be for them to present a strong case and help you receive proper compensation for your injuries. This is why years of experience pays off as a truck accident lawyer; you should hire an attorney with a demonstrated record of investigative expertise.
How Your Lawyer Collects Information
The black box that records data in most vehicles can be very helpful to any attorney investigating a truck wreck in Oklahoma caused by a tractor-trailer or big rig. The recorded data will provide details such as:
- The exact location of the vehicle when the accident occurred
- The speed of the truck’s engine at the time of the accident
- Whether the brakes were used, and when they were applied
That information can be used to show whether the truck driver was at fault or somewhat negligent, which is one of the ways your attorney can prove your case against the driver.
In addition to the black box, truck drivers are required to keep detailed logs of the hours they drive, the hours they sleep, and the hours of down time they get in between.
If you have been involved in a truck wreck in Arkansas, your attorney will ask for the logbook records of the truck driver who was involved in the accident with you. That can help the attorney determine if the truck driver was legally allowed to be driving at the time the accident took place.
Your attorney will also ask for other documentation from the trucking company, such as:
- Work orders for the truck
- Any repair orders or receipts
- Maintenance logs to show the vehicle had been properly cared for
- Inspection reports for the truck
Armed with that information, a truck accident lawyer in Jonesboro can provide you with a strong defense and help you get the compensation you deserve from the truck driver and company that caused the accident.
Ready to Help You, Every Step of the Way
How many steps are there in a truck accident case? How many steps do you think you have the time, energy, and know-how to handle on your own? The simple truth is that managing an injury claim is not easy, especially if you have been severely injured in a trucking accident. To make things better for yourself, and to possibly strengthen your claim against the opposition, you should team up with the Jonesboro truck accident lawyers of our firm.
We are serious about serious injury cases. No matter how complicated your case might be, know that we have the background and experience needed to manage it well. When you put us in charge of your case, we can help with investigating the accident, calculating your past and future damages, filing against the right insurance policies and defendants, negotiating a settlement, litigating in court, and so much more. With so much to do and so much on the line, why shouldn’t you leave things up to our highly accomplished law firm?
IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A LAWYER, CONTACT CADDELL REYNOLDS LAW FIRM AT 800-671-4100 TODAY FOR A FREE CONSULTATION.