As warmer weather returns, all of us must share our roads with motorcyclists. With this in mind, attorney John Gore of Caddell Reynolds visited Good Day NWA in May for Motorcycle Safety Awareness Month. A clip of this informative segment appears below.
About the Statistics
The exposed position of a motorcyclist leaves them more vulnerable to injuries than other drivers. According to statistics from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), nearly 5,000 people in the U.S. were killed on motorcycles in 2017. That number accounts for 13% of all traffic fatalities that year. Overall, more than 80% of motorcycle crashes result in injury or death—and 1,876 motorcyclists who died in collisions during 2016 were not wearing a helmet.
In order to avoid injury, Caddell Reynolds offers helpful safety advice:
- Stay out of other drivers’ blind spots and consider putting reflective tape on gear.
- Nearly 25% of riders fatally injured in accidents suffered from alcohol impairment.
- Riders without helmets are five times more likely to sustain severe head injuries.
- The faster you move, the longer it takes you to stop or react in an emergency.
Caddell Reynolds urges all motorcyclists to practice responsible behavior:
- Always check the area and signal before changing lanes.
- Be sure to ride defensively at all times in any traffic.
- Obey all traffic signals, road signs, and speed limits.
- Ride with traffic and leave room around other vehicles.
We Can Help
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in an accident through no fault of your own, call Caddell Reynolds for help at 800-671-4100. When you call, you’ll speak with one of our top Arkansas Personal Injury lawyers absolutely FREE.
At Caddell Reynolds, we will fight for the maximum compensation you deserve. Our experienced Arkansas Personal Injury Lawyers understand complex claims—and can help you receive the full and fair compensation you deserve.
Caddell Reynolds Law Firm will be by your side every step of the way. Call us for your Free Legal Consultation at 800-671-4100 today. At Caddell Reynolds, there is never an attorney’s fee due up front. In fact, you owe us nothing until we recover for you. We have offices conveniently located throughout Arkansas to better serve you.
Caddell Reynolds. Make the right call!