ARKANSAS BUSINESS TORT ATTORNEY
Protecting Your Company’s Bottom Line
Businesses of all sizes and across all industries face a variety of legal issues. Sometimes, these issues threaten a company’s profitability—and business owners may have legal recourse.
If you believe another business, corporation, or entity has wronged your company, whether through negligent or intentional acts, you may be entitled to recoup your losses. At Caddell Reynolds Law Firm, our Arkansas business tort attorneys represent clients in a range of tortious and liability matters, from tortious interference to theft of trade secrets to fraudulent misrepresentation and reputational damage. Our firm has extensive experience representing the rights and best interests of both small and large businesses, and we understand what is at stake. We are here to advise you of your legal options and protect both you and your bottom line.
TO LEARN MORE, CONTACT US ONLINE OR CALL 800-671-4100 AND SET UP AN APPOINTMENT WITH A MEMBER OF OUR LEGAL TEAM.
Types Of Business Torts We Handle
At Caddell Reynolds Law Firm, our attorneys are well-versed in a variety of business torts and related matters.
We can assist you with any of the following issues:
- Tortious Interference: When another business or entity interferes with your operations with the intent of causing economic harm, you may have grounds for a tortious interference lawsuit against that entity. Examples of tortious interference include forcefully causing another party to violate a contract, causing the cessation of an informal business relationship, and stopping another entity from performing duties outlined in a contract, such as transporting or distributing goods. To bring a tortious interference lawsuit, one must prove intent; negligence is not sufficient.
- Theft of Trade Secrets: Many businesses carefully guard confidential information that provide specific economic benefits or a competitive edge within the marketplace. When such information is stolen, the effects can be devastating. If you believe your business’s trade secrets or confidential information has been stolen, it is important that you contact an attorney as soon as possible. The same is true if your trade secrets were patented, meaning they were lawfully protected by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- Fraudulent Misrepresentation: In legal terms, fraudulent misrepresentation is more than mistakenly misrepresenting a business; it is a contractual issue. When a person or party falsely represents a business, whether intentionally or not, in an effort to get another person or party to agree to a contract, resulting in some injury or harm, the person or party that suffered injury or harm may sue for fraudulent misrepresentation. If you believe your company has suffered damages due to another party’s false or misleading statements, or if you have been accused of fraudulent misrepresentation, do not hesitate to contact our Arkansas business tort attorneys at Caddell Reynolds Law Firm.
- Reputational Damage: Anyone who owns or operates a business knows the value of maintaining a good reputation. When another person or business entity wrongfully damages your company’s reputation, you can suffer significant economic losses. At Caddell Reynolds Law Firm, we can help you determine if you have grounds for a trade libel lawsuit or defamation claim against another person or party. This typically involves demonstrating that the defendant made untrue statements that were published, and these statements were not privileged and caused injury.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list; our firm is ready to assist you with any type of business tort or related legal matter, including issues involving breach of fiduciary duty, restraint of trade, unfair competition, commercial disparagement, and more.
Understanding General Liability Business Insurance
Most businesses have what is known as general liability insurance. This insurance covers various damages and losses a business might suffer due to a variety of events.
Depending on the policy, general liability might cover:
- Bodily injury to others/premises liability
- Advertising injury
- Copyright infringement
- Reputational damage
- Professional liability
Additionally, some businesses choose to add additional coverage under a commercial umbrella policy, which can provide a safety net when other liability coverage maxes out.
As a business owner, it is important that you ensure your company is properly protected in the event you become liable for another person or party’s damages. Additionally, if you suffered economic injury due to another entity’s wrongful or negligent conduct, the other entity’s liability insurance will come into play.
At Caddell Reynolds Law Firm, we are well-versed in negotiating with business insurance providers on behalf of our clients. If you suffered economic harm due to another party’s negligent, wrongful, reckless, or intentional acts or omissions, our Arkansas business tort attorneys can work with the liable insurance company in an effort to ensure you are fairly compensated for your losses.
Contact Our Firm Today
Protecting your business and its best interests is critical. If you have suffered any type of economic damages or harm and believe you may have a business tort or lawsuit, do not hesitate to reach out to Caddell Reynolds Law Firm. From our multiple office locations, we proudly serve clients throughout Arkansas, as well as across Missouri and Oklahoma. We are available 24/7 to take your call.
FOR RELIABLE LEGAL ASSISTANCE, CONTACT US ONLINE OR BY PHONE AT 800-671-4100 TODAY.
Caddell Reynolds Law Firm – Arkansas Main Office
122 N 11th St, Fort Smith, AR 72901
P: (479) 244-2607