Bill Horton has had a drive and passion for justice his entire life. Since 2001, he has helped his clients get fair treatment from the judicial system.
Bill grew up in Van Buren, Arkansas, and went to Van Buren High School. After his high school education, he attended the University of Arkansas. At the U of A, he earned his B.A. in history, but his education career was far from over.
In 1997, Bill had the opportunity to be a visiting scholar at St. Benet’s College in Oxford in the United Kingdom where he studied constitutional theory.
After returning home, Bill got his M.A. in Communication from the University of Arkansas. As if this wasn’t enough, Bill finally got his J.D. from the University of Arkansas Law School in 2001.
It was Bill’s upbringing that caused him to focus on a career in law. “Growing up poor, it became clear that the system wasn’t fair for folks like me and I wanted to change that,” he says. He felt that the only way he could fight the system was from within, and he’s been battling the system ever since.
Outside of the Office
In his free time, Bill is an avid Razorback sports fan. He is a frequent tailgater at Reynolds Stadium in the fall, Bud Walton in the winter and Baum Stadium in the spring.
Bill is also an avid outdoorsman and motorcycle enthusiast. To keep his mind sharp, he reads presidential biographies. Bill lives in Rogers with his wife, his two dogs Ellie Mae and Dixie Bell, and his fat cat Tux.
- State of Arkansas
- U. S. Court of Appeals Eighth Circuit
- U. S. District Court Eastern District of Arkansas
- U. S. District Court Western District of Arkansas
- J.D., Juris Doctorate, University of Arkansas Law School, Fayetteville, 2001
- M.A. Communication, University of Arkansas, 2000
- Visiting Scholar, St. Benet’s College, Oxford, U.K., 1997 – Constitutional Theory Emphasis
- B.A. History, University of Arkansas, 1997
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Arkansas Bar Association – Member
- NW Delegate to Young Lawyers Section – Member
- Arkansas Trial Lawyers Association – Member, Member Committee, Member Legislative Affairs Committee
- American Bar Association – Member
- American Association for Justice (AAJ) – Member
- APITLA – Trucking Litigation Group Member
- NWA Diabetes Kiss-A-Pig Committee
- 2011 Kiss-A-Pig Candidate Raising Money for Diabetes
- Benton County Bar Association
- W.B. Putnam Inns of Court
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of NWA – Board Member
- Rogers Noon Rotary – Member
- Pound Institute
- National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Arkansas
- National Trial Lawyers Top 40 under 40 in Arkansas
- Super Lawyer Rising Star – Top 2.5% of Attorneys in the Mid-South – 2011-2013
- Starthmore’s Who’s Who Among American Lawyers 2008-2013
- Marquis Who’s Who Among American Lawyers 2008-2013
- Arkansas Trial Lawyers Association Outstanding Member Young Lawyers Division 2007
- International Public Debate Association Championship Tournament Top Speaker
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys – ’10 Best’ Client Satisfaction – 2015