Ray Schlegel has represented injured and disabled clients since 2002. Ray was born in Arlington, TX, but lived in Weatherford, OK, from 1976-1982. From 1982 to 1985, his family lived in Fayetteville, AR before moving to Amarillo, TX from 1985-1987. After that, Ray lived in Searcy, AR, from 1987 to 1993 and attended Searcy High School.
After graduating high school, Ray attended the University of Central Arkansas. At UCA he earned his B.S. in Biology because the sciences always interested him. In fact, his original ambition was to be a physician, but the occupation was not in the cards. Instead, he applied his background in science to representing injured and disabled clients. He got his Juris Doctorate, and graduated cum laude, from the University of Arkansas School of Law.
Ray’s background and upbringing allowed him to see his own family lend a helping hand to those in need. His father, also an attorney, represented those who society did not consider “powerful.” As an attorney, he’s applied the principles he learned at an early age to protect the legal rights of injured and disabled clients. “My passion is ensuring that my clients aren’t victimized by a system set up to benefit everyone but them,” he says.
Outside of the Office
When he’s not fighting for his clients, Ray spends time with his two daughters. Ray enjoys many activities including watching Arkansas Razorbacks athletics and playing guitar. He also enjoys time spent outdoors cycling, hunting, and fishing. Ray is also a member of First United Methodist Church in Springdale. Although Ray has lived in several places, he loves northwest Arkansas and its people!
- State of Arkansas
- U. S. Court of Appeals Eighth Circuit
- U. S. District Court Eastern District of Arkansas
- U. S. District Court Western District of Arkansas
- State of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court Eastern Oklahoma
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit
- J.D. Doctor of Jurisprudence, University of Arkansas, 2001
- B.S. University of Central Arkansas, 1997
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Arkansas Bar Association – Member
- Oklahoma Bar Association – Member
- Arkansas Trial Lawyers Association (ATLA) – Member
- North and West District Representative, Executive Council, Young Lawyers Section, 2001-2003
- Benton County Bar Association – Member
- American Association for Justice (AAJ) – Member
- Washington County Bar Association – Member
- American Society of Legal Advocates – Top 40 Litigation Lawyer Under 40 – 2013 to present
- Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2011 to 2015
- The National Trial Lawyers – Top 40 Under 40 – 2012 to 2015
- The National Trial Lawyers – Top 100 Trial Lawyer – 2014
- Memphis Magazine – Top Young Attorneys in the Mid-South, Rising Stars – 2011 to present
- The National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys – Top 10 Attorney for the State of Arkansas – 2014
- American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys – ’10 Best’ Client Satisfaction – 2015
- Rue Ratings’ Best Attorneys of America – Lifetime Charter Member